I'm excited to take this as an opportunity to meet many of the faculty I've had in my Building Online Community with Social Media and Intro to Online Teaching and Learning classes (taught through @One), as well as the faculty who are currently enrolled in @One's Online Teaching Certification Program. Please come say hello!
This year is really special for me, as I've been invited to present the Friday morning general session keynote presentation. In an effort to connect and share my resources with the broader online teaching community, I'm sharing the sessions and events in which I'll be participating at the conference.
If you're registered for the in-person, please come by and say hello! Or participate in the backchannel on Twitter by following #otc11.
- 11:00am - The @One Online Teaching Certification Program: Take Your Teaching to New Heights. If you are a participant in this program, please come by and share your experiences!
- 3:30pm - VoiceThread -- join Katie Schiavo, Director of Communications for VoiceThread, for a preview of VoiceThread's soon to be released mobile (iOS) app! I will be on hand to assist with the Q and A portion of the session.
- 9:00am - Teaching in the Age of Participation (General Session and Webcast): Join me as I share my personal journey as a teacher through the emergence of web 2.0 and social media. Explore the potential our new participatory culture holds for new levels of student engagement and life long learning.
- 11:00am - Practical Strategies for Promoting Online Student Engagement (Webcast) with
Andrea Henne, Michelle Pacansky-Brock, David Monda, Kevin Davidson, and Scott Campbell Are you looking for ways to create an online learning environment that has a more human touch? Do you know how to make the most of your online communication options? What are some of the do's and dont's for presenting course content and providing constructive criticism and feedback to your students? Our panel of seasoned online instructors will answer these questions and share their successful strategies for online student learning, engagement, and retention.
- View My Presentation: The Human Touch - It Really Matters!
- 1:00pm - Shifting the Ratemyprofessors.com Paradigm with Michelle Pacansky-Brock. Imagine if your students had the option to get to know you -- rather than read reviews about you on RateMyProfessors.com -- before they register for your classes. This session will teach you how to create a free website with Google Sites that you can use to communicate course policies, share your syllabus, and even embed a video that introduces yourself and your teaching style to your students.